Do you a pre-payment meter? If you are struggling with money and are unable to keep your house warm:

Step one:

Contact your energy supplier. They may be able to offer you an emergency top-up. Their contact details will be your energy bill, or log in to your online account if you don’t get paper bills. If you still aren’t sure who your supplier is, there is some advice here:

Step two:

Contact your local Citizens Advice. Here are the contact details for Uttlesford Citizens Advice: call 01799 618840 or email

And here are the contact pages for all three Citizens Advice centres local to us here in Stansted. There are many different ways to get in touch and access support: help is available.

Uttlesford Citizens Advice:
Citizens Advice East Herts:
Citizens Advice Harlow:

You can also find advice about energy bills on the Uttlesford District Council website here: